Wednesday, March 21, 2012

what goes around and returns...

updating my website and re-entering content, i'm trying to include documentation and track notes on every release of my soundwork - solo projects, collaborations, and compilations (it should all be up in a month or so).

in the re-discovery of my very first release - a cassette from 1990 with a small xeroxed booklet, i found this quote by rilke that, at the time, felt very relevant to my own concerns:

"the nearer one approaches pure art, the more purpose falls away from the thing, until it stands there alone, to fulfill itself."

even though this was 22 years ago, i can't imagine a quote resonating any stronger in relation to my current concerns. now the question becomes how much longer until i am bale to get through the front door...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home